Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Jerk on Preston Street

A womyn's experience on October 28th @ 5:30pm on Preston Street

"I get harassed on an almost daily basis.  I truly have to consider my wardrobe when going out because men approch me even if I'm completely covered.  I went to Preston Hardware last week to get some keys cut and while walking to the store this man leaning against the building approched me in a polite manner at first so I stopped briefly, 'I don't mean to be rude,' he told me, 'but you've got great legs' he emphasized while looking me up and down like a piece of meat.  I felt completely uncomfortable and turned to walk quickly away even though he was still talking. 

He was scruffy looking, white, in his late 30s to early 40s in a ballcap and green spring coat, about 5'7.  I was nervous to go back out."


Hollaback! says: SHAME! 

No comments:

Post a Comment